Not sure what to expect when you’re expecting? Care can help! Learn how to make informed choices in your pregnancy, labour & postpartum, so you can feel healthy, happy and confident in your new role as parents.
Taught by Registered Midwife & Mother Care Sinclair this class is based on the belief that pregnancy is a normal part of life, and that with the right support and information, expectant parents can become active participants in their own care – and make informed decisions that are right for their unique family.
Class covers everything that traditional hospital-based programs offer, plus much more. Classes are always small, so parents get lots of time for hands-on learning to give them the skills and confidence they need.
- Preparing & Packing for Labour & Birth
- Stages of Labour & Delivery
- Pain & Coping in Labour (relaxation & breathing techniques, positions & support measures)
- Role of the Support Person
- Informed Choice
- Labour & Birth Interventions
- Postpartum Care for Mom
- Adjusting to Parenting
- Baby Care
- Breastfeeding & More!
*12 Hour Prenatal Class Series is $325/Couple & Includes:
- Prenatal Class Resource Book *over 60 pages of incredible resources & information!
- Swag bag valued at over $50!
- Light refreshments at class each week
We recommend beginning your series around 30-33 weeks, so that you complete the series by the time you are term (36-37 weeks). This way you are prepared in time, but are also able to retain all the important information you will learn. You are welcome to take the class at anytime in your pregnancy, this is just a guideline.
*There are a very limited number of spaces in each session so register now!