With Earth Day coming up this weekend it feels like the perfect time to share one of my absolute favourite eco-friendly products. One that my family couldn't live without, and that I highly recommend to everyone (big or small) who packs a lunch. It's Planetbox!
I have been obsessed with PlanetBox since I bought a Rover lunch box for Ben almost 2 years ago when he was set to start Junior Kindergarten. I wanted a safe, eco-friendly lunch box that would make packing lunches simple, and be easy for him to handle at school. When I found PlanetBox I was immediately impressed. Ben has loved his Rover, so we knew we would need another one with Lucy set to start school this fall.
I always tell people that PlanetBox lunch boxes are an initial investment, but so worth the money. Here's why:
- They are so easy to clean! - This has to be a priority when you have a kid...or 3 ;) PlanetBox lunch boxes are dishwasher safe, but we just wipe and rinse it with warm soapy water after school and let it dry in the rack (unless it was a particularly messy meal)
- They are perfect for litter-less lunches - Many schools now request this
- They are easy to open - This is especially important for little hands
- They last for years - Their high quality stainless steal is actually warranted for 5 years!
- They save so much frustration - Avoid the daily chaotic search through dozens of containers and lids. Simplicity makes life much easier, especially as a parent.
- They are safe - non-toxic, non-leaching, safe from BPA, phthalates, and lead
- They are customizable - This matters less to me, but Lucy had a blast picking out her magnets and bag combo and was so excited to see her choices when they arrived. When her brother saw it he announced that he wanted a pink bag too. After almost 2 years of daily use, his Rover lunch box is still in great shape, but his bag has taken a beating (to be expected with a 4-6 year old who drags it through the halls at school), so I think we will replace it. If pink is what he wants, pink is what he'll get.
If you have little one heading off to school this fall don't wait! **Use Code Earth22 for 22% off Rover, Shuttle or Launch lunch boxes Today Only (April 20th *accessories excluded). ORDER HERE
Once your order arrives don't forget to give your little one some opportunities to practice with their lunch box, so they can feel confident at school. We'll be planning some backyard picnics with Lucy's new PlanetBox this summer. I'll be sure to share some of our healthy lunch ideas on instagram too.
p.s. If you want to check out another amazing eco-friendly product see my post from 2 years ago about Abeego Bees Wax Food Wrap
*We purchased our original planet box but were gifted a 2nd one from Planetbox for Lucy in exchange for promotion. In no way does this change my opinions about this product. It is hands down one of my favourites.